Every practice, outing, game, competition, fundraiser, banquet and concert needs parental support.
We welcome your smiling face and active participation. Unless you’re involved already, you’ve never had such a fun and rewarding experience as volunteering to support your student - and an organization like ours!
We Need You!
- Uniform Distribution & Maintenance
- First Aid Tent
- Spirit Sales
- Pit Crew
- Water & Snack Parents
What Do We Do?
- Event Helpers - We need an army of helpers to work shifts over the course of one or two weekends and work on sub-committees.
- Fundraiser Assistants - We assist with initial distribution of fundraising packets and products, the collection of money and unsold items at the end of pre-sales and on Blitz days.
- First Aid Tent Support - One or two parents are needed to man the medical tent during all marching practice times (this includes Summer Band Camp starting in August).
- Chaperones – Football games, contests & social events, such as our annual August Lock-In, require parent chaperones to be with students at all times & are assigned some simple duties. Click here to sign up to chaperone.
- Drivers - Our fall & spring Blitzes require parents who can drive students to/from store locations & stay with them during their shift.
- Equipment Pit Crew - We are responsible for loading/unloading & transporting some percussion & sound system equipment, as well as the director’s and drum majors portable stands/podiums to games & contests & sets it up and takes it back down during the fall marching season only.
- Hospitality Committee - We transport coolers full of drinks & ice for our students to games& contests. They also need bakers to supply cookies/brownies for social events and concerts year-round as well as breakfast foods such as casseroles, muffins, etc. for a Teacher Appreciation Breakfast that band hosts. They also need servers for these events as well.
- Photographers/Videographers - Our Historians need people who enjoy photography and like to take pictures and/or videotape our events year-round and provide imagery for the annual banquet DVD at the end of the school year.
- Uniform Fitting & Maintenance – At the beginning of band camp students need to be measured & fitted & we occasionally need to mend during the marching season.
- Flag Sewers - Our Color Guard uses custom designed flags in their shows & we need a lot of parents with sewing machines and basic sewing skills to get them made in time for their first performance. Whether you are a Band or Color Guard parent, it doesn’t matter; if you can do this, we need you in August & maybe again in the spring!
- Carpenters - Carpentry skills are needed to help Color Guard build props for their fall and springtime shows.
- Office Assistance - Skills are needed to make spreadsheets, labels for mail outs, etc. We may need your help on the computer either in the band office or at home.
- Spirit Shop Sales Support - Spirit Sales Committee can use your help occasionally with selling items at Booster meetings throughout the year and maybe at a game.
- Grillers - Grilling skills (and grills!) are needed for our annual Hot Dog dinner served at the culmination of mini band camp in May is a fun way to do a lot of this and enjoy the company of some other Dads.
- Gift Wrappers - One football game during the season is delegated for us to recognize our seniors and their parents. We give them a gift and could use a few people who like to do gift wrapping.